This policy applies to the following domains:
All personal data is collected and stored in line with the General Data Protection Regulation.
We may collect the following data:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and web access logs
- your name and payment details
- contact information including email address
We use this data to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services
- process your order and obtain payment
We only use personal information that you provide to us for the purpose stated at the time we request it. We do not disclose this information to a third party unless you authorise it or as otherwise permitted by the General Data Protection Regulation.
Web access logs
We may use data in web access logs if there is a security breach and we could use them to trace the breach.
We do not give or sell any information gathered from web access logs to any third party.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We may put small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer by adjusting your web browser preferences. This may interfere with some of the functionality of the site.
- provide essential functionality, like making sure you stay logged in
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- help us understand the performance of our marketing activity and improve the relevance of the adverts you see
This data is used by us and our agents.
Cookies we use
Advertising and remarketing
Some third party cookies are used to help us understand the performance of our marketing activity and improve the relevance of the adverts you see. We also use these to show our adverts on other websites based on your visits to www.bath.ac.uk.
You can opt out of these third party remarketing cookies on the following pages:
- change your Google Analytics ad settings
- opt out of Google Analytics
Email and online forms
We collect the following information:
- physical contact information
- online contact information
- demographic data
- preference data
We will use this data for:
- completion and support of the current activity
- contacting visitors for marketing of services or products
In all cases, we will only use this information for the stated purpose.
Pages with forms should include a statement on how we will process data submitted to them.
We collect this data so that we can send you news and information which is relevant to your needs and interests.
If you have any questions about this statement or concerns about your data, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or:
University of Bath,
The Avenue, Claverton Down,
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.